Carry out a series of experiments to understand different properties of air:- air occupies space & has weight - Balloon ballance.- air can push things - Hydraulic canon.- air (oxygen) is needed for combustion - Water candle experiment.
1. An exciting board game on the world of animals to relate animals with their young ones. 2. Learn about the shelters of different animals, what they are called and how they look. 3. Learn about insects and their name.
1. Make a silk extractor and perform a traditional silk extraction activity on artifitial coocons to understand the process of silk extraction2. Play a game to understand different processes involved in the extraction of wool (from sheep to wool)The kit would contain all the material required to build the model/paly the game displayed.
Convex & concave mirrors - their working & propertiesDifferentiate between object, image & screenBiconvex lens & its imagesSecondary & tertiary colors from primary colors
• Make a model to test the strength of different polymers.• Make a linear chain polymer - OOBLECK and a cross linkage polymer to understand their properties & differences.• Perform burn test to differentiate synthetic and natural fibres.• Make shapes using thermosetting plastic to understand how they differ from thermoplastics.
Make a multiple reflection unit to understand and verify1. Reflection, multiple reflections and laws of reflection.2. Derive the formula for number of images formed between two mirrors at different angles - Multiple reflections.
Make different models ( centrifuge, chromatograph) to Understand1. Different methods of separation of mixtures2. Difference between mixtures and pure substancesMake a colloidal solution(milk) by mixing oil and water using emulsification process.The kit would contain all the material required to build the model/paly the game displayed.
• Unweave a cloth to understand its weaving pattern.• Make yarn from fibre by hand.• Make your own yarn spinning machine & understand advantages of spinning and twisting. It helps the child to understand the different steps involved in extraction of plant fibres
• Test materials and categorize them into magnetic and non-magnetic material.• Make a magnet float in air & understand poles of a magnet & their behavior.• Make a pencil levitation model to understand:- Poles of a ring & solid magnets.- Application of magnets in real life - Maglev trains.• Make a Magneto Tracer that traces a metallic object...
• Make a mini drum and water pipe organ to understand how sound is produced. • Make a ear drum model to understand how you hear sound. • Learn about the different types of musical instruments and how they produce sound. • Know how different kinds of sounds are produced (sharp, soft, loud).